Tuesday 22 August 2017

Colourpop Supershock Highlighter In Shade Spoon Review, Photos, Swatches

Hi lovelies,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Today I am talking about a much raved brand these days. Colourpop is now known for quality products at reasonable prices.
The product under the spot light today is super shock cheek highlighter in shade Spoon.


So let's start with the packaging. These highlighters come in card board square boxes. From the transparent plastic cover at one side you can see shade easily. Inside the box the highlighter pan is round in shape and with a transparent twist lid. The lid closes tightly so you can put easily in pocket of your hand bag.


Colourpop super shock highlighter in shade spoon

This is one of the more sparkly shades I have ever used because the sparkles are noticeable on the skin, which may or may not be your cup of tea.

The texture is very smooth, buttery soft and creamy, it  glides on effortlessly and blends well on the skin. It’s highly reflective on the skin when that area where applied, captures the light and that is because of those tiny sparkles.

Staying power is  very good. It stayed for more than 7 hours on my face which is very good for a highlighter.


Colourpop super shock highlighter in Spoon

I really like the shade because it is very subtle somewhere in between gold and a slight touch of silver ( this is how it shows up on my face). When applied it gives a beautiful natural glow. One thing that I have mentioned​ earlier too is that it's tiny silver flecks are also visible ( that must be something everyone doesn't like). When I applied this highlighter for the first time, and noticed some tiny silver flecks I also didn't like it. ( In the pictures above you can notice some tiny silver flecks at the corners of swatches).But after some time I realized that it doesn't look bad at all. Specially if used for night time make up for weddings etc, this highlighter compliments my overall makeup look.

One good thing is that silver flecks stay intact at the place where applied and don't make you a disco ball. Even after several hours I didn't notice any stray particles all over my face or hair. So it is a plus point.

Overall I would say that I really like this shade. And I mostly use it for night time occasions and it looks very nice. But I try to avoid it using it in the day time specially if going out in sunlight.


I bought it from an online store for PKR 1300. Colourpop is easily available at many online stores but prices may vary.

That is all for today girls. Hope you like my post. Give your feedback in comments section.

Till next time take care and stay blessed.


6 comments:

  1. The shade looks absolutely gorgeous. I love Colourpop highlighters. They are so smooth and intense. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love their buttery soft texture and pigmentation. Thanks for liking 😃

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any individual highlighter from CP yet and this shade looks really beautiful.
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try them, if you like highlighters I am sure you will love them.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I haven't tried any Color pop products, aside from their lippies. Though, this highlighter sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like their lippies. Hope you like their highlighter too 😃

      Delete