Tuesday 29 August 2017

Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick In Shade Donut Review, Photos, Swatches

Hi everyone,

Hope all is good at your end.
Today I am here again with another Colourpop product. Colourpop is a brand that delivers affordability and quality at the same time in it's products. It's ultra matte lipsticks and highlighters are very much raved these days.

Colourpop ultra matte lipstick in shade Donut is a beautiful soft pink shade. When I first saw it's swatches, I thought it is a must have for all those who love pink shades.

Now without further ado let's go to the review.


Let's start with packaging. It comes in a white cardboard box with the silver holographic logo of Colourpop on it. At the lower flap you can see the shade name. Inside box, the lipstick comes in transparent glass tube with silver cap that matches with the silver logo. The packaging looks very substantial and gives a high end feel. Good to carry in your hand bag for touch ups.


Colourpop ultra matte lipstick in Donut

The doe foot applicator is good enough to spread the product on the lips. But I guess if it's size were a little bigger, then it could be more easy to apply and could give more nice finish.


Colourpop ultra matte liquid lipstick in shade Donut
Colourpop ultra matte liquid lipstick in Donut swatch

The texture of this liquid lipstick is creamy and very thin. It glides smoothly on the lips and dries very quickly. So you have to work faster because once it dries up, it stays. The formula is 100% matte  and long wearing and at the same time it is super drying as well. When you are applying it , feels very light. But once it dries up it feels like your lips have gone stiff. When first time I applied this Lipstick on my lips, It felt so weird. That tacky and stiff feeling on my lips was making it so bad.
After using it two or three times I thought that I may not be using it again, because of extremely drying formula. But the shade was so beautiful that I had to find out the way to solve the issues.

So here are some easy steps that I do before applying this liquid lipstick.

First of all liquid lipsticks need special exfoliation before application. So I exfoliate my lips very well to make them soft and smooth. There should be no dry patches or no flaky lips at all. After cleaning and drying my lips I use lip balm to moisture my lips. Then I apply Lipstick and then on the top lip balm again to seal all the moisture. Because the formula has no moisture at all. I use this method before applying all liquid lipsticks. If you also have dry lips like mine than by exfoliating and  moisturizing, you can also use such drying lip formulas.


The shade is very pretty pink. Although it is described as coral. But I couldn't find any thing coral or even near to coral in this shade. I think it all depends on the skin tone. On my skin it translates as a pure soft pink shade.


The staying power is very good. It stays for more than 8 hours on my lips with drinking and normal meal. After having heavy oily meal you might feel little fading and like to touch up. But for me it is ok even without it.

The pigmentation is intense and one swipe gives apaque coverage. Because it dries up within seconds so you have to be very quick in application. You can add layers while it is wet to get a nice finish. Otherwise at times it gets streaky at some corners. So be careful while applying.

It is a long lasting Lipstick so it can be removed with any oil based makeup remover.

This shade requires that you have applied flawless base and other makeup. It looks perfect paired with smokey eyes.


Colourpop products are easily available at online stores. But before purchasing always  compare the prices and purchase from an authentic store.


That is all for today girls. Have you tried Colourpop ultra matte Lipsticks, which one is your favorite shade? Do let me know in comments section.


Until next time, Take care and stay happy.😃😃😃


5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful pink shade .... no doubt colourpop products are amazing

    have a nice day
    Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this shade but it really didn't work out for me :(
    Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. At first application without any other makeup on, I also had same thoughts. But after having a well blended base and eye makeup specially smokey eyes, it looked perfect 😃. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great product. I love Colorpop liquid lipsticks, they're just so good. Beautiful shade, though might be a tad light for me.

    ReplyDelete